Disclaimer -As an Amazon Associate I can earn from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.
Kids’ tablets come in all shapes and sizes, but how do you know that you’re getting the right one for your own child? Just as with other electronic devices, there are tons of these tablets on the market, so before you choose one, it’s best to know exactly what you’re looking for. It isn’t just the safety issue that you need to be concerned about; it’s also the type of tablet and all of its features that make a big difference when you’re trying to choose the one that your child will love and that you’ll feel comfortable with them having.
Things to Look for In Kids’ Tablets
To start with, you’ll need to decide which features you want the tablet to have and which ones aren’t that important to you. For a lot of people, the screen size is crucial, while for others, the RAM or the amount of space on the tablet is more important. Whatever you do, never base your decision solely on the price of the tablet because you can find good and bad tablets in both high and low price ranges. Nevertheless, if your goal is to spend less than $100 on your child’s tablet, you’re in luck because there are a lot of high-quality tablets that cost no more than that amount.
Things to look for when you’re researching the best tablets for kids include the following features:
- Parental control. This is important especially for very young children because the last thing you want is to expose them to something that is inappropriate. Some tablets have built-in parental controls, but you still may have to go in after you purchase yours and enter more restrictions. It’s also best to choose a tablet that has no WiFi or Internet access but instead requires the use of a computer to access apps.
- Cases. Cases for tablets are cheap but they are a must when it comes to kids. Let’s face it; kids will drop their tablets probably on a regular basis, and a case will protect them from all sorts of damage. Some tablets come with a case, and others do not. While they aren’t expensive as a general rule, don’t be afraid to spend a little extra on them if you have to; they are simply that important!
- Things that you can plug into the computer. While not usually a priority for kids, you still may want to look at what can be plugged into the tablet. For instance, can you add a memory card to get more space? Transfer photos onto the tablet? Use a USB port to connect to a printer? These things may not be important to you, but if they are, you need to know about them before you go shopping.
- The choice and quality of available apps. Android tablets, iPads, and Windows tablets all have access to various apps. You’ll want to look at which apps are available for that particular device, especially if some apps are more important to you than others. Kids are notorious for wanting tons of apps on their tablets, so you’ll need to make sure that the ones your kids want are available for that particular tablet.
- Screen size. Tablets for kids usually have screens in the 7- to 10-inch range, and both have advantages and disadvantages. The smaller screens are perfect for tiny hands and fingers, while the larger ones are great for videos and games. It’ll be up to you which one to choose, so consider all sides of this issue carefully.
To be sure, you can find a great tablet without paying a fortune for it. Nevertheless, making sure that you get the features you consider important is just as critical as the cost of the tablet, and if you’d like to consider some top-notch tablets that cost less than $100, below are ten that you can start with.
1. Fire 7 HD Kids Tablet with Backpack
Rated: 4.8 Stars
Made by Amazon, this 7-inch tablet comes with a case and a backpack for convenient storage, as well as 16GB of storage space. You get a free one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+ with your purchase, and it costs just under $85 to purchase. This subscription provides kids with access to more than 20,000 different apps, which includes educational content from sites such as Nickelodeon, Disney, PBS Kids, and many more. While it may look like a toy to some, this is a fully functional tablet that both kids and adults can enjoy. The backpack is made to accommodate Fire 8 HD tablets as well, so if you ever upgrade, you won’t need to purchase another backpack.
- Free one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+ (only $2.99 per month afterwards)
- Full two-year warranty
- Access to more than 20,000 different apps
- Both a kid-proof case and a backpack
- 16GB of internal storage
- Some complaints about the storage being a different number that advertised
With a rating of 4.8 stars out of a possible five stars, this is indeed a tablet that both parents and kids will be thrilled with. It offers enough apps to make any kid happy, and comes at a price that is affordable for everyone.
2. ARKNIKKO Tablet for Kids with 7-Inch Screen and Blue Case
Rated: 4.8 Stars
Priced at just under $90, this amazing tablet comes with 2GB of memory and lots of pre-installed apps made just for the young crowd. You can even set limits on their viewing time and choose which apps to allow, thanks to the personalized controls it offers. This is a certified Android 10 tablet with a ring bracket on the back so that kids can always use it at the right angle. The 1024×600 HD display screen is perfect for kids and grownups alike, and you can even visit Google Play and download lots more apps if you like. The battery lasts up to eight hours so your child can enjoy this tablet nearly all day long without having to recharge.
- Is expandable up to 128GB for convenience
- Is great for kids ages 2-10 years of age
- Has age filter to weed out any inappropriate material
- Has enough features to make it good for adults too
- Comes with a kid-proof case and screen protector
- Though expandable, it starts with only 2GB of memory
This is yet another one of the kids’ tablets with a nearly five-star rating on Amazon, contributing to its popularity. Parents love that their children are safe while using the tablet, as well as the fact that they paid so little for it.
3. 7-Inch Kids Tablet with 1GB RAM
Rated: 4.1 Stars
Priced at around $66, this 8-inch tablet has 1GB of memory and 16GB of storage space, making it perfect for toddlers of all ages. It comes with its own kid-proof case in either pink or blue, and its operating system is the Android 10.0. One of the things it does best is offer lots of content and more than 40 other languages. Through the tablet, kids can enjoy movies, books, and tons of educational apps. Tonnes of pre-installed apps. The case is lightweight and adjustable a full 360 degrees, and it can be operated up to 10 hours without charging the battery.
- Comes with 16GB of storage
- Comes with kids’ apps already installed
- Lasts a very long time with battery power
- Comes with its own kid-proof case
- Has updated Android 10.0 operating system
- Some complaints about the small screen size.
4. RCA Android Tablet with Case and Headphones
Rated: 4.4 Stars
Complete with a case and a set of headphones, this tablet is priced at just under $90 and offers a full 16GB of memory. It also has an 8-inch HD 1280×800 screen for kids to enjoy, as well as 30 digital Disney books that are already installed. Parents will love the fact that they can control what their kids have access to with this tablet, and kids will love the dual camera feature that allows them to take pictures from all different angles. The case and headphones match in color and the memory can be expanded to 128GB, so if your kids do more than usual with their tablet, you can be easily accommodated.
- Comes with 16GB of memory
- Has an 8-inch 1280×800 HD screen for kids to enjoy
- Comes with 30 Disney e-books already installed
- Comes with both kid-proof case and matching headphones
- Has excellent parental control features for top-notch safety
- Some complaints about faulty touchscreen
This is a great system for kids of all ages because it offers everything they love about using a tablet. When it comes to the best tablets for kids, this one should be on your list of possibilities because of everything it offers to both parents and kids.
5. CONTIXO 7-Inch Tablet for Kids with Case
Rated: 4.1 Stars
This Android 10 tablet comes with a case that is available in six different colors, and it has 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage space. It has lots of pre-installed content that includes cartoons, e-books, educational games, videos, and so much more. The storage is expandable up to 128GB, and there is even a screen protector to help the screen last a lot longer. Priced at just below $70, this is one of the best cheap kids’ tablets on the market and even offers up to 10 hours of battery time before you have to recharge. There are also tons of ways that parents can personalize the tablet so that kids are even more protected when they use it.
- A full 32GB of storage space
- Battery that works for up to 10 hours without needing a charge
- Lots of pre-installed apps that are safe for kids
- Kid-proof case that is available in six different colors
- Special screen that protects it from everyday abuse
- Some complaints about the screen breaking easily
- Some complaints about the quality of the picture being bad
If you need a good tablet for your young children to keep them occupied on long road trips or as you do other things around the house, this is the perfect tablet for them. It has a lot of storage on it and is built to last, so you can count on keeping it for a very long time.
6. Tablet for Kids with Android 10 Operating System and Case
Rated: 4 Stars
Complete with a kid-proof case that has a stand for ease of use, this Android 10 tablet is perfect for kids of all ages. It has a 7-inch screen, 2GB of memory and a full 32GB of storage space. It is also very reasonably priced at under $79, making it affordable for everyone. The tablet comes with a one-year warranty and is perfect for kids ages 3-12, although even adults will enjoy using it. Built specifically for online learning, this tablet includes apps in many other languages, including Spanish. If parents give it the OK, it even gives kids access to apps such as Minecraft, Zoom, and Netflix, among others.
- Comes with updated Android 10 operating system
- Has 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage
- Includes apps in many other languages, including Spanish
- Comes with its own kid-proof case
- Allows parents to personalize the tablet to keep kids safe
- (There are no negative comments for this product found on Amazon.)
Although some real-life customers gave this tablet a three-star rating on Amazon, there were no one- and two-star reviews. In fact, more than 60% of these customers gave this tablet a five-star rating, which says a lot about the quality of the tablet and how popular it is with kids.
7. TOPELOTEK 7-Inch Tablet for Kids with Case
Rated: 4 Stars
This 7-inch tablet has an Android 9.0 operating system and 16GB of storage space. The touch screen makes it super easy for kids to operate it, and the 1.3 GHz processor allows it to be very fast. Made especially for kids ages 2-14, they can download hundreds of educational apps such as basic writing and math apps, as well as music and many other entertainment apps. Parents can hand-pick what to include on the tablet, and at a price of under $64, it is affordable for everyone. It even comes with a case in both pink and blue, and you can also expand the storage capacity to 32GB if you have an ultra-SD card.
- Comes with a case in either pink or blue
- Comes with a full 16GB of storage space
- Can be personalized to meet parents’ and kids’ needs
- Has very fast processor
- Has convenient touch screen feature
- Some complaints that it didn’t last long before breaking
- Some complaints about the overall quality of the tablet
When it comes to finding the right tablet for your kids, there is nothing to worry about because there are tons of them on the market. This particular tablet has a lot of very satisfied customers and has enough versatility to please both parents and kids.
8. Tablet for Kids with Case and Android 10 Operating System
Rated: 4.1 Stars
This Android 10 tablet for kids has a 7-inch screen and comes with a case that is available in both pink and blue. Priced at just under $76, it is an affordable tablet and comes with everything that parents need to keep their kids extra safe. You get a full 32GB of storage space and 2GB of RAM, and the back of the case even has a stand to make it easy for kids to play on the tablet hands-free. The 1024×600 IPS HD display provides crisp, clear images. Kids can play for up to six hours without having to recharge the battery. You also get two built-in cameras for convenience, as well as the possibility of expanding your storage space to 128GB.
- Comes with a case in either pink or blue
- Comes with 2GB of memory and 32GB of storage space
- Has excellent HD screen for great color and clarity
- Has dual cameras that kids love
- Has a stand on the case to make it easier for kids to use
- Some users think that it is difficult for kids to use and understand
- There are some complaints about the screen continuously locking up
Because of the Android 10 operating system, this is an up-to-date tablet that kids of all ages will love. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and allows kids access to hundreds of educational and entertainment apps, offering something for all kids to enjoy.
9. FUNSHION 7-Inch Kids’ Tablet
Rated: 3.1 Stars
This is an Android 9.0 tablet with 16GB of memory and more than 40 apps designed just for kids. It comes with its own case that has a cute animal design on the back of it, and it has both a kids’ mode and a parents’ mode for convenience. It also comes with dual cameras and a very powerful battery, not to mention touchscreen capability and a 1024×600 display screen. You can even use an SD card to get the memory up to 32GB if you like. With this tablet, kids can play tons of games, enjoy YouTube for Kids, and choose to listen to online music. For a tablet that costs only around $73, it does an awful lot.
- Comes with a case so you don’t have to buy it separately
- Is expandable to 32GB of memory
- Comes with more than 40 kid-friendly apps
- Has touchscreen capability for easy maneuvering
- Is super easy to use for all kids
- Some complaints about the screen going “in and out”
- Some complaints that the tablet is very slow
In fact, nearly 90% of the customers on Amazon give this particular tablet a very high rating. The kid-proof case is just icing on the cake, but this is the perfect product to buy if you want both a good tablet and a case that really works.
10. Android 9.0 Kids’ Tablet with 7-Inch Screen and Case
Rated: 3 Stars
Available with cases in either blue or pink, this 7-inch toddler tablet comes with dual cameras, 1024×600 screen, and lots of pre-installed kids’ apps that they’ll love. It has 16GB of memory and a battery that can last all day long. It even comes with a special display that protects kids’ eyes as they’re playing their games and watching their videos. At a price of only $62, it is perfect for parents who want a well-made tablet that doesn’t cost a fortune, and since the apps are mostly educational in nature, you won’t have to worry about them watching anything that is inappropriate.
- Eye-protecting screen to keep kids’ eyes unharmed
- A full 16GB of memory
- Tons of pre-loaded educational apps
- Ability to expand to 32GB if you prefer
- Very fast response time
- Some complaints about it being slow
- Some complaints about apps not being displayed correctly
There are, in fact, very few complaints about this particular tablet. When it comes to cheap kids’ tablets, this one seems to be one of the best and has a nearly five-star rating on sites such as Amazon and others. That says a lot about the overall quality of the tablet.
One thing is certain: you do not have to spend hundreds of dollars just to get a child’s tablet that keeps them safe and offers tons of apps to enjoy. Even if your budget only allows for a tablet that is under $100, you still have a lot of tablets to choose from. Most of these tablets have dozens of apps already installed when you get them, and because parents can come in and personalize it even more, you can rest assured that your kids will never be exposed to anything harmful or inappropriate.
Finding the right tablet is also easier than you think because all you have to do is research various ones online. Most online stores provide feedback from real-life customers, which allows you to find out just how good the tablets are. Furthermore, since children’s tablets can be found that accommodate toddlers as young as two years old, you can start your kids off getting used to computers at an early age.
Why not check our other articles on kids accessories here